Position: Humanities - Global Perspectives
Subject: Humanities - Global Perspectives
School Type: Academy
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Contract
Reference: 103 NC
Teacher of Global Perspectives (CIE A- Level) and English (IGCSE) at Secondary School Level, Java, Indonesia.
SNA is an International School based in East Java, Indonesia. They are seeking a dynamic, dedicated and experienced teacher of Global Perspectives and English to join their international teaching team. Successful applicants will teach Global Perspectives and English classes at Secondary school levels. The course of study follows the relevant Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum. Successful applicants will be suitably qualified from a Western University and a native English speaker, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
· Teaching Global Perspectives and English to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
· Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
· Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
· Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
· Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behaviour, social development and health.
· Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioural or academic issues.
· Preparing and implementing tutorials for students requiring extra help.
· Attending faculty meetings, professional development training and school events.
· Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
· Degree qualification in a Humanities or Social Science
· Teaching qualification/licence/certification as applicable
· Experience of Cambridge International Examinations is desired, but not essential.
· DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
· Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
· Fluent level English speaker
· Strong presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
· Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook.
Package and Benefits:
· Competitive tax free salary that offers a high standard of living
· Possible HoD role for the right candidate
· International insurance and health package provided
· Paid holidays
· Return airfare and relocation allowance for overseas hire.
· Single/family housing allowance included/accommodation provided.
· Discount for children's tuition fee
· Work permit and residence card support
· Performance b onus
· 30 minutes from Bali.
· Testimonials from current teaching staff are available
For more information please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org